back to sierranevada.edu

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

shane hope: artist of note


(click on image)
This is a former colleague's, lost friend's websiteplaygroundexperimentnonesenseworkhorse that I found in my search for him. We went to grad school together. He was working in the New Genres Dept. at UCLA until he seemed to have disappeared. I don't know, maybe he never really did.
I don't know what to make of his site, yet there are details about his projects and strange links.
I remember early conversations (early, meaning back in 1996) he and I would have about the more interesting, maybe only interesting websites (definitely not art sites wanting interactivity- this coming from a land, water and air craft artist such as myself) that we cared to look at. Usually these were the amateur-ish sites, the personal projects that most definitely were not art. The art project sites that tried to do something usually bored me.
[Shane, I've found your footprint.]

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment